Dead flaky skin cells are gently exfoliated by dispersing crystals evenly and comfortably, to reveal a healthier glow to renewed skin. This simple non-invasive technique improves the overall texture, clarity and tone of the skin. Removal of the surface layer of the skin also allows for better product penetration to treat various types of skin conditions. Rejuvenation protocols are preformed on average every 7-14 days for optimum results. Between 4-12 treatments are recommended and thereafter once a month maintenance is highly beneficial. A series of treatments will give you optimal results.
What does microdermabrasion treat?
- Aging & Sun-damaged skin
- Acne plus types of acne scaring
- Altered pigmentation
- Stretch marks
- Fine lines
- Enlarged and congested follicles
What are the advantages of microdermabrasion?
- Leaves little to no redness
- No chemicals, incisions, or lasers
- Rejuvenates your skin to an optimal healthy state
- Individualized treatments
- No down time
- Results are immediate
- Suitable for most skin types
Dermaplaning is another method of deep exfoliation using a sterile surgical blade called a dermatome. These treatments address the similar skin issues as microdermabrasion. Dermaplane treatments can be even more effective than microdermabrasion on small skin imperfections such as fine lines or acne scarring.
Dermaplaning vs. Microdermabrasion
Our estheticians will help determine if microdermabrasion or dermaplaning is the right treatment for your skin concerns. In general, the differences are:
- Dermaplaning has the added bonus of removing facial hair during the treatment
- Microdermabrasion is less aggressive and can be utilized on more sensitive skin
Dermaplaning and Microsermabrasion services are included in some of our Facial selections